You Can Help the Little Sisters of the Poor!
The day-to-day operating expenses of a large elder-care facility, like Mullen Home for the Aged, are quite costly. Caring for the elderly poor in a manner respectful of their dignity far exceeds the income received from the Residents’ pensions, Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare. Reimbursements from these sources cover only 59% of the actual annual cost of care.
To cover this constant deficit, we rely on your generosity. Our ministry is made possible through benefactors who share our belief in assisting those less fortunate. We pray that you will join our family of benefactors and share the joy of caring for the needy aged.
Ways to Give:
- Donations: Gift can be made by cash, check, stocks, bonds or other liquid assets. Send checks payable to the Little Sisters of the Poor at 3629 West 29th Ave., Denver, CO 80211.
VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are also accepted over the phone at (303) 433-7221 or online here.
- Memorials / Honorariums: Gifts can also be made in memory or in honor of someone special. To do this please send a check made out to the Little Sisters of the Poor along with the name of the person you are memorializing or honoring and the contact information of someone you would like us to notify about the gift. We will share your name and address with that person, but not the amount of the memorial gift. Memorials can also be taken over the telephone using a credit card at (303) 433-7221.
- Planned Giving: Be part of the Legacy Society by notifying our Home that you have included the Little Sisters of the Poor in your estate plans. Wills, Annuities, IRA or retirement fund, estate plan, charitable trust, or Life insurance beneficiaries are just some of the possibilities. Legacy gifts help to keep our Home running. Donors are encouraged to consult with a financial advisor, accountant, or attorney prior to making a gift. Please call (303) 433-7221 to discuss planned giving opportunities.
- Matching Gifts: Some of our friends are able to increase their gifts to the Little Sisters once, twice, or even three times and more through their employer’s matching gift programs. If you work for an employer who provides a match, please consider enclosing a matching gift form with your next donation.
- Wish List: Please contact our Development Department for information about items we need for the Home. Some commonly needed items include personal care products, soft drinks, gift cards, and other seasonal items.
Little Sisters of the Poor is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your gift may qualify as a charitable donation for federal income tax purposes.
Our corporate name is: Little Sisters of the Poor – Mullen Home for the Aged
Our Tax ID number is: 84-0528531
For more information on how you can help, please contact the Development Office via email at: email@example.com. or by phone at (303) 433-7221.